The Donnie McClurkin Experience/A Call for Singers and Dancers Contest Official Rules
No purchase necessary to enter or win the contest. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local regulations apply. Entry into this Contest constitutes your acceptance of these Rules.
- This Contest is open only to singing and dancing groups comprised of three (3) to six (6) singers (a “Singing Group”) or three (3) to six (6) dancers (a “Dancing Group”)(Singing Groups and Dancing Groups are referred to herein generally as a “Group”), where all of the Group members are legal U.S. residents who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry. Employees of The Donnie McClurkin Show, Trinity Broadcasting Network, Inc. (“TBN”), their affiliates, subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, and prize providers, and the immediate family members and household members of such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. Submitting an entry into this Contest constitutes the Group’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning the Contest and receiving a prize is contingent upon the Group fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 10:00 am ET on Monday, May 7, 2018, and will run through 5:00 pm ET on Friday, May 25, 2018 (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter.
- As a Singing Group. To enter the Contest as a Singing Group, complete the following: (i) Visit DonnieTV.com or the Donnie McClurkin Facebook page and click on the “The Donnie McClurkin Experience/A Call for Singers and Dancers” link to the Contest website (the “Contest Website”), (ii) select and download one of the Donnie McClurkin songs applicable to Singing Groups; (iii) record a video at least three (3) minutes in length but no longer than five (5) minutes in length of the Singing Group performing the selected song (the “Singing Group Submission”); (iv) complete the online entry form on the Contest Website (“Entry Form”) and upload the Singing Group Submission to the Contest Website during the Contest Period. Singing Group Submissions must be a clear recording that exhibits both effort and skill.
- As a Dancing Group. To enter the Contest as a Dancing Group, complete the following: (i) Visit DonnieTV.com or the Donnie McClurkin Facebook page and click on the “The Donnie McClurkin Experience/A Call for Singers and Dancers” link to the Contest Website, (ii) select and download one of the Donnie McClurkin songs applicable to Dancing Groups; (iii) record a video at least three (3) minutes in length but no longer than five (5) minutes in length of the Dancing Group performing an originally choreographed dance to the selected song (the “Dancing Group Submission”); and (iv) complete the online entry form on the Contest Website and upload the Dancing Group Submission to the Contest Website during the Contest Period. Dancing Group Submissions must be a clear recording that exhibits both effort and skill
- Submissions. Singing Group Submissions and Dancing Groups Submissions are referred to herein generally as a “Submission”. Limit one (1) Submission per Group. Any attempt by any Group to submit more than one (1) Submission by using multiple/different email addresses or identities will result in disqualification from the Contest. All Submissions must in : .mpeg2, .mp3, .mp4, .avi, .mov, .wav, .wmv format or must be a submission of a URL link to a YouTube or Vimeo upload. All Submissions must be received by 5:00 pm ET on Friday, May 25, 2018. For purposes of these Official Rules, “receipt” of a Submission occurs when Sponsor’s servers record receipt of the Group’s entry form and Submission through the Contest Website. Any automated computer receipt (such as one confirming delivery of email) does not constitute proof of actual receipt by Sponsor for purposes of these Official Rules. Submissions must contain an original performance by the Group and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person and must not violate any law. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected Submissions, all of which will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Submission for any reason, in his sole and absolute discretion. All Submissions become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact the Groups and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this Contest. All Submissions must be submitted through the Contest Website to be valid.
- Judging and Winner Selection. Submissions will be reviewed by Sponsor and judged based on Sponsor’s determination of skill, stage presence, and artistry. The top scoring Singing Group Submission and the top scoring Dancing Group Submission will be declared potential Contest winners (the “Winners”). In event of a tie, Winners will be determined based on Sponsor’s discretion. On Friday, June 1, 2018, Sponsor will announce one (1) Singing Group Winner and one (1) Dancing Group Winner for the Prizes described below. The announcement will be made on The Donnie McClurkin Show, The Donnie McClurkin Show Facebook page, DonnieTV.com, and Sponsor’s personal Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Winner Notification and Verification. The winning Groups will be contacted using the email addresses and/or telephone numbers provided with their Entry Forms and may be awarded the Prize (subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules). Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential Winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Failure to respond to the initial verification contact within three (3) days of notification will result in disqualification. POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. Potential Winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each member of the winning Group will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim the Group’s prize, if applicable. Within five (5) business days of being selected as a potential Winner, each winning Group must confirm their ability and intent to participate in the Show (as defined below) in Orlando, Florida and the song that they will perform on the Show. Each member of the Group must be able to attend the Show. If a Group cannot be contacted, all of its members fail to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a Group fails to confirm its intent to participate within the required time period or is unable as a complete Group to participate in the Show, the Group will forfeit the Prize. In the event that a potential Winner of a Contest prize is disqualified or the Prize, if forfeited for any reason, Sponsor may award the Prize to the Signing Group or Dancing Group (as applicable) with the next highest score. Sponsor is not required to award the Prize to an alternate or substitute winner if a Winner is disqualified or forfeits the Prize for any reason.
- One (1) Singing Group will win the Singing Group Prize and one (1) Dancing Group will win the Dancing Group Prize. The Singing Group Prize and the Dancing Group Prize are referred to herein generally as a “Prize” and collectively as the “Prizes”.
- The Singing Group Prize. The Winner of the Singing Group Prize will be given an advance copy of a song from Donnie McClurkin’s soon-to-be-released album, which the Group will use to rehearse its performance of the song as Donnie McClurkin’s backup singers. The Winning Singing Group will perform the song live with Donnie McClurkin during a live concert recording of Donnie McClurkin performing his new music at The Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida on Monday, June 25, 2018 (the “Show”), which will be broadcast on TBN, the world’s largest Christian television network.
- The Dancing Group Prize. The Winner of the Dancing Group Prize will be given an advance copy of a song from Donnie McClurkin’s soon-to-be-released album, which the Group will use to choreograph an original dance number. The Winning Dancing Group will perform their dance live with Donnie McClurkin during a live concert taping of Donnie McClurkin performing his new music at The Holy Land Experience in Orlando, Florida on Monday, June 25, 2018, which will be broadcast on TBN, the world’s largest Christian television network.
Winning Groups must be physically present in Orlando, Florida and available to meet and rehearse with Donnie McClurkin on Sunday, June 24, 2018, and on the day of the Show. Winners are solely responsible for all expenses, costs or fees associated with transportation, accommodations, and acceptance and/or use of the Prize not specified herein as being awarded, including without limitation, any and all taxes (if any). Winners are not a recipient of a Prize until the Group has been verified as the Winner by Sponsor. Upon fulfilling prize, Sponsor will be deemed to have awarded the Prize to the Winner and such Winner assumes full responsibility for the Prize. All Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering the Contest, all Group members acknowledge that (i) transportation to Orlando, Florida, and accommodations are not included in the Prize. and (ii) that events associated with the Contest and the Prize may be beyond the control of Sponsor and are subject to being rescheduled, modified or canceled. In that event, Sponsor reserves the right, at his discretion, to reschedule the Contest, modify the Contest Period or entry procedures, cancel the Contest, cancel the awarding of Prizes, or reschedule or relocate the performances associated with the Prizes. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Prizes are non-transferable and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed Prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering the Contest, each Group member agrees to (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor, TBN, their affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other individual or entity responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a Group member’s entry, creation of an entry or Submission, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of the Submission and the Winning Group’s participation in and performance on the Show; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to the Group member’s participation in the Contest and/or the Group’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the Prize.
- Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes each Group member’s consent to Sponsor, TBN, their affiliates, and their respective agents and representatives use of the Group member’s names, images, likenesses, photographs, voices, and/or hometowns for future promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- Assignment of Rights. By entering the Contest, each Group member acknowledges that the Group’s Entry Form and Submission and all other materials of every kind whatsoever created by the Group relating to the Contest (collectively, the “Work”) are a “work made for hire” (as that term is used in the United States Copyright Act) for Sponsor, and assigns to Sponsor (or, if any applicable law prohibits or restricts such assignment, each Group member hereby grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of) limited right, title and interest in and to such Work, including, without limitation, all rights of every kind and nature (whether now known or hereafter devised, including all copyrights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof), throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. By submitting a Submission, each Group member acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many Submissions under this Contest and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this Contest and/or other contests staged and/or sponsored by Sponsor, and each Group member waives any and all claims he or she may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any composition, design, video and/or other Works accepted, reviewed and/or used by Sponsor or TBN (or their respective designees) may be similar to his/her Submission. Each Group member acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor does not have now, nor shall any of them have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to a Group’s Submission.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest in the event it becomes infected by a computer virus or is otherwise technically impaired, and to cancel or suspend the Contest in its entirety should tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play of the Contest and, if terminated, at Sponsor’s discretion, determine the Winners using all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of cancellation using the judging procedure outlined above. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same email account, the authorized subscriber of the email account at the time the Entry Form is received will be deemed to be the contestant and must comply with these Official Rules. Authorized subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the email address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sponsor reserves the right at his sole discretion to disqualify any individual or Group (and void his/her/their Entry Form)) it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Contest or website, intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other contestant, Sponsor, TBN, or any of their representatives or to otherwise be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. CAUTION: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operations of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent permitted by the law and to disqualify such contestant from the Contest.
- Limitations of Liability. Released Parties are not responsible for problems related to technical malfunctions of electronic equipment, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failures, phone lines, failure of any Entry Form or Submission to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the Internet or the Contest Website, or for any other technical problems including telecommunication, miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled, or misdirected communications which may limit a Group’s ability to participate in this Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors or malfunctions with may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of Entry Forms and Submissions, the announcement of the Prizes or in any Contest-related materials.
- Each Group Member agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of the Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Tennessee State Court located in Nashville, Tennessee; (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will Contest participants or Winners be permitted to obtain awards for, and Contest participants and Winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.
- Winners List. A winners list will be posted on The Donnie McClurkin Show Facebook page and on DonnieTV.com.
CONTEST SPONSOR: DONNIE MCCLURKIN, c/o of Sierra Management, 1035 Bates Court, Hendersonville, TN 37075, Attn: “Call For Singers And Dancers” Contest.